I know what you might be thinking, how on earth are you able to fit in a sacred morning ritual, when it already feels like you never have enough time. Trust me I totally understand. As my boys have grown up my morning rituals have slowly evolved over time. When my boys were little my morning ritual would include sleeping for as long as I could, or getting up making a cuppa, reading or just being present before they would wake. These morning rituals have evolved as my needs have and that is how they need to be. There are so many rituals that you can do or perhaps you have heard of. But here’s the thing, you don’t need to do all of them and get up at 4am to do it, that said if that is what floats your boat, go for it.
There are no rules except for one and this I follow and strongly recommend, and that is scrolling on social media is not a sacred morning practice. It’s a time where you are the main focus, a time that will help you connect with your heart, your truth, inner peace, your dreams and your desires. It’s a time where you give yourself permission to feel joy. What is important is that it feels good to you and gives you the space to honour and celebrate who you are inside and out.
As I mentioned before you don’t need hours to create a sacred morning ritual, in fact 10 minutes is all you need. Once you start you will find that you will want to get up earlier to have longer and explore what feels right for you. I started off with 10 minutes and now my ritual is around 45 minutes.
My sacred morning rituals are different each morning, because let’s face it we don’t all wake up feeling the same, so I’ve created my own sacred morning toolkit, customised just for me. This, I draw from depending on how I am feeling when I wake up. How you are FEELING is key. Creating a sacred morning ritual this way has helped me to further develop my intuition, to listen and love what my body is telling me and to deepen my connection with who I am, what makes me feel and be the best version of myself.
A part of my sacred morning ritual is my skincare routine, after I have drawn upon my toolkit for that morning I continue this flow with my skincare routine. I use one of my favourite oils Sunflower Illuminating Oil from Edible Beauty (it’s seriously amazing) I place a few drops into my palms slowly rub them together and then gently inhale the gorgeous scent 3-5 times and then mindfully apply to my face, neck and through my hair. It’s the best and once I am ready I begin a morning ritual with my boys.
Raising your energy vibrations in the morning is the best way to start your day, and this just naturally flows throughout the day. Not only that but it has a profound effect on your health and well-being. It reduces stress, anxiety, increases energy levels, helps to reduce blood pressure, improves your sleep, aids digestion and feels good.
I have included a collection of rituals that might help you to get started or add to your current rituals. Be open, try new ones and keep checking in on how you are feeling, remember this time is about you.
* Gratitude – What are you grateful for, write them down.
* Light a candle and listen to some meditation music or sit and be present.
* Watch the sunrise
* Draw an oracle card
* Make yourself a nourishing breakfast, make it look pretty. Eat mindfully, enjoying the taste and texture of your food.
* Warm water with lemon enjoyed slowly and mindfully
* Dry brushing
* Breathing exercises.
* Dream Chasing - what do I mean by this. Well use this time to explore those dreams that you have, to listen to that whisper/voice that has been in your ear for awhile. Use the time to explore, research, paint,draw. It can get the creative juices flowing, ignite a spark in not only for your dreams but for the day ahead. And you just might find you will start to get up earlier to explore all the possibilities.
* Creating a scared space where you can sit make a cuppa, feel all snuggly
* Write and say some affirmations
* Sit outdoors, listen to natures morning music
* Add some more steps to your skincare routine. Slow it down make it feel special and sacred.
* Set an intention for the day
Wake in the morning with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.
Having a sacred morning ritual is your permission to celebrate who you are inside and out and to welcome the gift of a fabulous new day. To feel good and warm your heart. Your sacred morning ritual is the expression of your true self unique and beautiful. It’s not about any one else, it’s about YOU.
My hope is that you acknowledge you are worthy of creating this scared time and that you begin each day with joy, love and celebration.